Friday, May 06, 2005

Believe it or not...

... I remembered my book and movies of the month post... although I can't remember what I all I read again. C'est la vie...

Yay, I sort of remembered... but I don't really remember what all I read though...

Books

- Sandman: A Game of You by Neil 'God Among Men' Gaiman: Once again, just get them all. Do it. Now.

- Watchmen by Alan Moore: Darth Ninja gave this to me and I was astounded. It's amazingly written and very clever... very human. I was really impressed, almost to the level of Neil himself. Another solid "just buy it."

I swear I read more, but as half of everything I own is out on loan, I can't check my shelves for reference.

Movies:

I did go on a movie and tv show kick this month. Gotta take advantage of Netflix...

Equillibrium: Just finished it. Someone has obviously read up on their dystopian fiction... decent plot, great action sequences... not as profound as I had hoped it to be but still a really good flick.

Kung Fu Hustle: If you're one of those American's who doesn't get Kung Fu movies, don't bother. It has a lot of elements that some people would think were cheesy (like the blind musicians who create weapons with music) but if you're into the Kung Fu genre and one of those people who can accept some of the absurdities that come with it, it's fucking brilliant. The imagry, the mixing of classic Eastern and Western film imagry... I loved it. It's not funny, per say, just really good.

America's Next Top Model (Cycle One): Eat me, the girls are super hot and don't wear a lot of clothing. Fuck off.

How to get ahead in Advertising: One of the best movies ever made. Buy it. It's hillarious.

The Incredibles: Pixar does it again!!!!

Shrek 2): AS we know, I hated Shrek 1... but 2 was hillarious. I want da kitty... rent it, it's worth it. YOu don't really need to see 1 to get it.

The People vs. Larry Flynt: If you haven't seen this already, you must leave the house now and get it. Even Courtney Love is good in it and that is saying something.

sex, lies, and videotape: Fucking totally overrated. It was good and everything... decent, really, but not "one of the greatest indie films of all time!" If it's on cable and you have nothing better to do, it's worth the watch, but don't bother renting it... there are other, way more interesting movies out there.

Comic book villians: Horrible, just horrible. Don't watch it. You'll get your hopes up because it has a good cast and it's about comic books but it's just inspid and contrived.

Da Ali G Show (Season One): I think the show is hillarious, just by virtue of who he gets on. It's not for everyone but I think everyone should try at least one episode.

Chicago: I finally sat down and watched it.... yup, its great.

No comments: